- Coconut oil has many beneficial properties.
- helps skin heal faster
- helps lighten age spots
- anti- inflammatory properties
- helps prevent stretch marks
- anti-fungal properties
- helps lessen arthritis
coconut oil has many uses
- use as lip balm- warm coconut oil and pour into small pot, will solidify again.
- make up remover -dab some coconut oil on cotton pad and remove make up, good for getting difficult mascara off
- massage oil – used with other oils or essential oils, it is slower to absorb,so you do not need as much.
- body lotion – use after shower apply to wet skin dab dry.
- hair conditioner – rub a small amount on palm,then massage into wet hair, comb through leave on for about 30 mins, rinse off with mild natural shampoo.
- athletes foot, or fungal infections,add a tsp to foot bath.
- face cream -recipe below
You can make your own night cream
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbs olive oil
- a few drops of essential oil of your choice ( I use Frankincense which is said to help wrinkles )
- Warm coconut oil so it is easier to mix
- Add olive oil and essential oil and mix well
- Put into a small conatainer
- At room temperature it will solidify, so best to put it in a wide neck container,for easy access