Lemons are very versatile here are some of the things I use lemons for
- My morning drink – hot water, slice lemon and honey, kick starts your digestive system.
- cleaning my chopping board – eliminates smells
- insect repellant – put 20 drops of lemon oil to 250ml water in a spray bottle and spray the room. 10 drops of oil to 1 oz sunflower oil and rub onto exposed skin, helps keep insects at bay.
- gargle – juice of 1 lemon,1 tsp salt,add to a cup of warm water, gargle a few times, this helps a sore throat.
- add a cup of lemon juice to your laundry for a boost, helps with stains .
- use instead of bleach, add lemon juice and baking soda to water and soak your delicates.
- highlight your hair – rinse your hair with 1/2 cup of lemon juice to 3/4 cup water. let dry in the sun repeat every day for a week.
- salad dressing – lemon juice, olive oil crushed garlic and pepper.
- lemon juice added to curry, gives it a lift.
- marinade meat especially turkey or chicken in lemon juice – tenderizes the meat.
- add lemon juice to your oil burner – helps concentration.
- lemons contain anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties, as well as being a liver cleanser.