I like inventing my own recipes with the foods I like, Lasagne and moussaka are two of my favourites so I decided to make a combination of the two.
Here is the recipe, you do not have to be too particular about the amounts, make enough to fill the dish you are going to cook it in.
1 Clove of garlic grated
1 Carrot grated
- Fry off mince and onion until brown, add garlic and grated carrot.
- add enough water to cover
- add a pinch of nutmeg, a tsp of oregano, a dsp of tomato sauce, worcester sauce and a few splashes of balsamic vinegar, bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 20 mins
- mix a spoonful of cornflour in a little water then add to thicken mince, once thickened take off heat and let cool
- slice about half a courgette and lightly fry in pan, set aside to cool
- beat an egg then add to a tub of natural yogurt, greek yogurt is good for this
- now assemble the dish in a deep container
- place a layer of courgettes on the bottom, then some mince, crumbled feta cheese,then sliced tomatoes repeat until all ingredients are used
- pour yogurt and egg mixture on top
- top with grated Parmesan
- bake in oven 180 degrees for about 40 minutes till top is brown