For what ever reason I fancied a mexican tonight for tea, I have not really tried Mexican food, but wanted something different for tea. After surfing the net looking at recipes etc. I decided on making tortillas with maize flour, using turkey as the meat and bought a sachet of tex- mex spices, all set to go.
1 cup of maize flour
1/2 cup of water
1. Pour the water into the flour and salt slowly, till you form a consistency that resembles play dough.
2. Divide into small balls, place between two sheets of grease proof paper, and roll out until quite thin.
3. Stack between grease-proof sheets until ready to cook.
4. Cook on hot griddle for about 3 mins each side.
5. Keep warm under cloth.
Minced Turkey, Chicken or Beef
sachet tex-mex mix
glass of water
1. Heat oil in pan and brown meat-
2. add sachet of tex-mex, then glass of water.
3. Bring to the boil then simmer for about 10 mins, sauce should be thicker now.
My tortillas were quite crisp so hard to make a wrap, I had them on the side.
Place lettuce on plate top with meat, tomatoes, onions then cheese.
Will definitely try this again but will make my own sauce next time.
home made tortillas.