This is an amazing cake. It is wheat free. I have been having a slice for my breakfast, it is really quite filling and very tasty.
1 egg beaten
1/2 cup apple sauce or any fruit sauce
1 1/2 cups of milk
1tsp vanilla extract
2tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
1 apple chopped
2 cups rolled oats
1tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
- Pre heat oven to 190 degrees.
- combine egg, applesauce, milk, vanilla, oil and apple in a bowl.
- combine oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in another bowl.
- add liquids to solids mix well.
- pour into dish, bake for 25 mins.
- top with Demerara sugar bake 4 mins.
- cut into eight slices.
This cake can be frozen in portions, I wrap them in tin foil. I usually heat mine in micro for about 30 to 40 seconds, and you can add milk or yogurt if you like.
You can use any fruit you like, but I like apples it tastes a bit like apple crumble to me.