I am not a fan of wasting anything especially food. I have found many tips to prevent waste, here are some –
- If I have more veg than I can use I chop them up and freeze for example spring onions, leeks and peppers. Put them in zip bags and freeze.
- Freeze all bones chicken, rabbit, even chop bones, just keep adding to the bag until you have enough to make stock.
- Freeze mushroom stalks to make soup at a later stage.
- Freeze skins off of veg like khlorabi, ends of carrot, outside of celery, to add to soup stock.
- Make breadcrumbs out of any leftover bread, then freeze. Can be used to coat meat or fish.
- Wash lettuce then dry and put into airtight container with kitchen roll on top, will keep for over a week in the fridge.
- Herbs can be dried in the microwave, then put into jars to use as needed, or you can chop them up and freeze in ice cube trays with oil or water depending how you want to use them.