I am not a fan of wasting anything especially food. I have found many tips to prevent waste, here are some –
- If I have more veg than I can use I chop them up and freeze for example spring onions, leeks and peppers. Put them in zip bags and freeze.
- Freeze all bones chicken, rabbit, even chop bones, just keep adding to the bag until you have enough to make stock.
- Freeze mushroom stalks to make soup at a later stage.
- Freeze skins off of veg like khlorabi, ends of carrot, outside of celery, to add to soup stock.
- Make breadcrumbs out of any leftover bread, then freeze. Can be used to coat meat or fish.
- Wash lettuce then dry and put into airtight container with kitchen roll on top, will keep for over a week in the fridge.
- Herbs can be dried in the microwave, then put into jars to use as needed, or you can chop them up and freeze in ice cube trays with oil or water depending how you want to use them.
We visited the butterfly garden in Icod about an hour and half from where we stay. These are some of the photos I took.
This was a lovely walk to Taucho, through the pine forest. Beautiful scenery, and lovely company. 3 hour hike finished off with fish and chips provided by Palms Chippy. Thanks to Andy Tenerife Walker our guide.
This was my view this morning while I was having breakfast. Although I have been here for ten years now I still like how the view changes with the light.
Really enjoyed this walk , got a chance to practice my spanish with Jorge a young man who works with EN Pie. Afterwards had a picnic in a lovely woodland area , being Sunday there were lots of Spanish families out enjoying themselves.
Just won my first photographic competition. It was a local competition for the best sunset. There were just over 40 entrants . It was a real surprise to me. I won a guided walk at sunset for 2 and a bottle of bubbly.
This was my winning entry.