Living in Tenerife, we drink bottled water, I usually buy 8 litre bottles, and end up with loads of empty bottles,and as I don`t like waste I try and re-use them. Here are 5 ideas on how to re-cycle them.
1. Cut them in half, use the bottom half to grow tomatoes, or any veg you like.
2. Use the top with the lid as a cloche, for young plants.
3. Cut about 10 cm off the bottom and use for to store herb jars, in the cupboard.So much easier just to take one box out and look for the herb you want.
4. you can also store medicines in the first aid cabinet in these, it stops all the pills etc falling out when you open the cabinet door.
5. Use the cut off bottom as a tray to put plant pots in, you can then water them from the bottom, and you can make them as deep as you want.