Bananas are very good for you, they contain potassium, magnesium, vitamin A, C and B 6.
I really love bananas they are probably my favourite fruit. We have lots of bananas in Tenerife, If you put them in the fridge they will keep longer. If you have got more than you can eat, you can take the skin off cover in foil and put in freezer, they make good healthy ice lollies, they have a really creamy taste similar to milk lollies.
You can use banana skin for warts and verrucas, cut a piece of skin to cover the wart or verruca the cover with tape and leave overnight, repeat every night till gone, I do not know how it works but it does.
Last of all you can cook with bananas, I found this great pancake recipe on the internet it is sugar free, gluten free and dairy free.( http://www.huffingtonpost.com), I have altered the recipe a bit because I am allergic to nuts and the recipe had used almond flour which I substitued for maize flour. I really like banana loaf but find it hard to get a good wheat free recipe, but these pancakes are a very good substitute.
2 ripe mashed banana
1 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 cup maize flour
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
2 tsp. ground seeds (pumpkin,sesame, sunflower)
coconut oil for frying
1. Combine all wet ingredients ( banana,coconut milk,eggs,vanilla) with a whisk.
2. In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients ,oat flour, baking powder ,salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, mixed seeds, maize flour.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet, mix till smooth, it should be quite wet a dropping consistency
4. Leave to stand for about a min, it will thicken, if you feel it is too thick add a little more coconut milk or water.
5. Put a little coconut oil onto griddle or frying pan.
6. Drop a dsp. of mixture onto griddle, the pancakes are ready when brown on both sides and cooked through.
I found these pancakes easy to make and delicious. You can have them for breakfast as I did with toasted coconut and sweet soya sauce ,or maple syrup, the options are endless.